is an IC mask layout editor. The editor is a full featured editor
with all the standard commands expected in an editor. It is unmatched
in terms of editing speed and memory footprint. If your waiting to open,
edit and stream out your design using your current editor, you must look at this editor.
provides some unusual features not found in competitive products.
For example, the editor supports 16 selection bins. This feature
allows objects to be protected from selection by putting them in
an unused bin. The editor allows selection amendment. This provides
the capability to switch to the next most likely candidate when
the wrong object was selected. By providing 16 candidates with each
point selection, you will almost never need to alter selection masks
to get what you want. The editor also provides lots of little
improvements like a lock manager that doesn't leave locks
around from dead processes. The editor is in use in over 60 locations.
Its primary application is IC, but has been used for "MEMS layout" too.
The current 3.10.0 release includes only minor changes to the editor.
Sample Tcl procedures
Example MEMS devices
* All the features of slam-view
* User defined commands can now animate on the screen during cursor motion
* Available for embedding for OEM's
* Stream out (with optional gzip compression)
* Oasis in/out translators. Oasis is the next generation replacement for stream.
* Exchange in/out translators. Exchange is our ascii file format and allows altering
a database using a text editor.
* Multi-level edit in place
* Multi-level undo
* Layout differences command
* The ability to generate a cross-sectional view of the layout data.
* PDF generation of layout and cross sectional layout views; An example
cross section with both a vertical and horizontal cut lines generated with a
black and a
white background. Note in the image that
diffusion corners can be rounded or the entire profile can be
customized providing a more realistic view of the diffusion edge.
* Vector PDF plot output of layout with optional
* Multiple Inter-cell/Inter-window clipboard paste buffer to copy data between
* Violation Viewer to step thru 3rd party DRC result. The VV system
has a unique ability to remember false errors when loading a new
DRC result. Current file formats supported include Quartz, Silvaco, Nano-Route, Calibre, Assura, ICV and Hercules.
Here is an example of a metal1 spacing violation from
a Hercules run. Error is in white, metal1 is in blue. All other layers were
turned off for this example.
* Interface to Mentor's Calibre RVE system(Written entirely in Tcl
so you may customize)
* Delete/copy/modify commands
* Undo/Redo with user configurable levels and memory usage
* Complex TLG's(programmable cells) can be built such as a via string,
multiple path generator.
* Tap ring command. This
animated image shows how the ring command can easily insert
an isolation ring around devices.
Note the tap ring is one example
of a closed polygon TLG. By making the TLG a closed shape, it can be stretched
easily and maintain the enclosing well shape. The closed shape can be
marked as "cutable" to indicate that when it is split, it is to be
duplicated with a closed uncutable shape and multiple open paths as
shown here. Note the enclosing green
well layer is unmodified after the contact ring has been sliced.
* Join bus joins a pair of busses.(Animated gif, some browsers will not support animation)
* Bus text create command
* Add via command that can
automatically select the via based on overlapping layers.
Add via in auto mode will create via arrays for wide metals.
* Add via by box that can add a via array over an area.
Array of vias will be no larger than specified box, and array will be at center of box.
* Via objects contain the metal (or diffusion layers) with correct enclosure for fast editing.
* PG (maskable) text (with an example font provided)
* Circle commands to create polygons in the shape of a circle or donut
* Re-origin cell
* Reshape command
* Add/Subtract Rectangle
* Interactive AND/OR/NOT command
* Interactive oversize command (boolean style)
* Transform command
* stretch/movepoint/line stretch commands
* window stretch command
* Remove wiring inside/outside a window command
* split object command
* split array command
* make cell command
* cut/stetch command to add jogs in busses
* AA->Orth command to convert any angle polygons
into orthogonal ones. Very useful if you want to staircase polygons before
the mask writing software does it.
* align/step commands
* In-line Path->Poly conversions
* 16 different edit bins
* Most commands allow amendment of target edit object
* Smart selection
* Properties and connectivity for objects
* Supplied with pull down menus for out of the box ready to go
* Supplied with optional fixed menu for users prefering fixed menu
* Stroke recognition for command entry.
* Data saved on crash or kill; data can be easily recovered even
after program error. This mechanism even catches most X server failures, providing data recovery.
* Multi-user edit capability of the same design object simultaneously
on multiple displays
* Tcl access to modify the database (You can write Tcl programs
to scan/alter the database)